Jeepney Love Story


Today, as I was coming home from a study session at SagaCity Study Hub, I was reminded of the capability of the human brain.




Of course, I rode a jeepney from Capitol- a 12L one, to be exact. I had a hard time entering the jeepney because my bag weighed me down so much. Nevertheless, I successfully sat down and opened up my written chemistry reviewer. Supposedly concentrated and focused, I read my notes. Even though I kept rereading Dalton's Atomic Theory all over again, it couldn't seem to go into my brain. Filled with frustration, I gazed my eyes upon the scenery. Living in a city, one wouldn't really consider the dusty streets, concrete buildings, and wires hovering above to be a scenery, but I like them- in fact, on long road trips, I would stare at the wires as the car moved. But that is another story.

My eyes, wandering quite restlessly, finally found something to rest upon and wonder about- I do that most of the time, especially when I leave my earphones. I observed a couple who was sitting right across me. The girl was hugging the guy sideways and he, in return, put his arms over her. What a sight. Although the "sight" was typical, I couldn't seem to get my eyes off of them. Maybe they were too sweet? Maybe they were very expressive? I don't know, and only until then do I realize why I was awed by them.

Now to the essence of this post, which, hopefully, I could explain crystal clear. As I said, the boy and the girl were hugging. Soon afterwards, the girl whispered something to the guy. Then, the girl locked herself in the embrace of the guy. Then, the guy did something that was very unexpected my eyes widened even more- he got teary eyed. The girl, closing her eyes and losing herself in his embrace, had this visage of "savoring-every-moment". The boy whispered back to the girl, then faced the streets and became more teary eyed.

With such sight, my mind raced in thoughts. What could be the reason why? I immediately thought that the girl was to leave for another country and work, and the boy, of course, would stay here in the Philippines. Another thought popped out of my brain. Maybe, just maybe, they were from the hospital and the girl has cancer. More bizarre imaginations and thoughts raced through my crazy mind. More and more, actually.

Panting as if it were I who was racing and not my thoughts, I stopped, took a deep breath, and looked away.This shocked me. This event reminded me of the truth that the human mind has its limits. The human mind, with no facts, no truths, could only reach the level of assumptions. One can never be sure. And this truth, I connect to our everyday lives. Since I and most Cebuanos are jeepney riders, we see and observe a lot of faces. The fact is everyone has their own stories, and we can only assume.

Amazing, I thought. It really is. The fact that the human mind, though very complex and amazeballs, has its limits, borders. Even though the mind fascinates almost everyone, it is only up to that. God is still greater. And for that, I am thankful. Imagine: If God did not put limits to the mind, it would be so boring. I couldn't enjoy jeepney rides because, then, I'd know all the people's stories. Haha. Up to know, it really fascinates me. What a good God we have.

Exploring Always,
Max

P.S. This is such a draftly done post. Sorry, but right now, I still have history to study 'cause finals tomorrow!! Yeah! not! I just really needed this to be shared to the world cause it is too fascinating. Okay bye. 


Note: The picture used above is not mine. Credits to whom it is due. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment