City of Pines

From Santiago, we went straight to the Summer Capital of the Philippines, Baguio! From Santiago, we took a bus ride to Baguio. We rode Nelbusco because people say it is the safest. The fare of the bus is surprisingly cheap. With 350 pesos, you can have your ticket to the City of Pines!


Don't get too excited packing sweaters and bonnets just yet. Keep in mind that it takes eight hours to reach the area. Be sure to bring snacks to keep your tummy full or, if you have motion sickness, medicine and discomfort bag. Personally, during long road-trips, I just doze off dreaming of the area of destination. 


We stayed at Hotel 456. It is an affordable hotel located at Lower Session Rd. which is a very accesible area. From there, you can take a jeepney ride to SM Baguio, Mines View Park, The Mansion, and more places. Plus, you can just walk from there to Burnham Park and Melvin Jones Grandstand.  Beside it is McDonald's and, just a few steps more, Jollibee. Hotel 456 also has free Wi-Fi and serves breakfast. 

We took a taxi to the strawberry farm from Burnham. Surprisingly, it only cost us less than a hundred pesos of fare! Unfortunately, we came too late and ran out of strawberries to pick. Nonetheless, we took the opportunity to, at least, take a photo (or photos. Haha). 

They're fresh. 



Near the area, strawberry flavored taho and ice cream are sold. I dreamed for years to taste the taho. I have only seen it on television. I did not dare to miss the chance of eating one of Baguio's delicacy. 

25 to 30 pesos each. Delightfully delightful. 

20 to 30 pesos each. The ice cream, of course, not us. 

We took a jeepney back to the center of the city. 


At the center of the city, you will find rides to different tourist spots. We rode another jeepney to Wright Park. Then we walked to The Mansion.. Finally, we took a cab to Mines View Park. There, I saw fog! Oh, the delight of the cold temperature and fog and the mountains! I shall let the photos speak for themselves. I am out of words. 

Pay ten pesos and take a picture!

Pay no more than fifty pesos to take a picture and ride the pony. 

On the way to The Mansion. Cool isn't it. 






Pay to have a photo with Fiona the St. Bernard! Worth every penny!


We took a jeepney again to the center and walked to Burnham Park to bike, chill, and eat. 
Bike for  40 pesos an hour.


Puto Bong-Bong. A delicacy. 

We had dinner at SM Baguio. Let's skip that. That wasn't such a pleasurable experience. The next morning, we had breakfast at the hotel and went to places. This time I focused on my "photography". HAHAHAHA I actually suck.


I really like this picture I shot of my sister. I'm not an expert and all, but I think this is well photographed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment